Member Programs Coordinator - United States Soccer Federation (Chicago, IL)
We are U.S. Soccer and we are the future of sport in the United States. We embrace diversity, technology, and global connections to drive the growth of our sport and serve our athletes and fans. We are seeking a motivated, passionate, and skillful candidate who can think, create, and work on a team.
U.S. Soccer is a growing organization that looks for team players to growth with it. U.S. Soccer offers a comprehensive compensation package, casual work environment, an inclusive culture, and an atmosphere for professional development.
The Member Programs Department is responsible for creating, implementing, and managing programming with the Organization Members of U.S. Soccer. We serve as the point of contact and assist our members via communication and education, with a goal to exceed expectations during every interaction. We are also responsible for the accounting and registration of all soccer players in the United States: professional, amateur, and youth.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Be a point of contact and support programming for Organization Members
- Assist with professional player registration for the domestic professional leagues, including review of player contracts, communicating approved registrations accordingly, and processing international player transfers
- Process amateur international clearances for amateur and professional players and provide approvals for registrations, per FIFA regulations
- Provide exemplary customer service in answering incoming e-mails and calls from constituents
- Develop informational and educational presentations for membership on a variety of topics.
- Perform various administrative duties for the department, such as data entry and filing
- Assist with other Federation tasks and events as needed (AGM, National Team matches, etc.)
Minimum Qualifications/Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required; a working knowledge of the FIFA languages (French, Spanish, German) a plus
- Exceptional attention to detail, ability to multi-task and strong organizational skills
- Has an analytical mindset when it comes to problem solving and case processing
- Strong knowledge of the sport and the overall soccer landscape in the United States; those with experience working for and with U.S. Soccer Organizational Members are ideal
- Candidates with a background in technology are preferred
An ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Desire to be part of a team
- Display a tireless work ethic
- Possess a growth mindset, is open minded, and seeks challenges
- Pursue lifelong development and learning
- Communicate in a direct, open and honest manner
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses
- Requests feedback and is open to criticism
- Practice self-assessment and self-reflection
- Believe and commit to the company’s culture and organizational goals
- Passion for soccer