AGM 2016 Presentations
Health and wellness:
- Please click here for best practices, preventative measures, and other relevant material from our affiliate Orlando Health.
||ODP, coaching policies, waivers, etc.
||ODP, schedules, registration, coaching courses, licenses
Can I be exempted from any of the pre-course requirements due to other certifications or playing/coaching experience?
FYSA does not have authority to waive any course eligibility requirements. US Soccer has a waiver process to attend National (C-B-A) courses, based on rigorous standards. Click here for the forms, standards, and procedures.
If US Soccer does provide a letter allowing an individual to apply directly for a National license, that person may enroll directly into the D1 course once FYSA receives a copy of the US Soccer letter. They would still be required to satisfy all other pre-course assignments within the specified timeframe to attend the D1 course.
I may have to miss a portion of the course I have signed up for. What do I do?
- FYSA requires all portions of a course be satisfactorily attended before the license can be issued.
- The course instructor will note all missed portions on the course roster.
- Portions of the missed course must be made up at another course, at no additional fee.
- Notify the FYSA Coaching Education Department about any missed portions of a course.
- Register for the makeup course from the FYSA course listings page.
- Send firstname.lastname@example.org an email confirming your desire to attend as a makeup.
- Be sure to notify the course instructor in the makeup course, so that your attendance is properly recorded.
- At the conclusion of the makeup course, your license will be issued.
What do I need to bring to the course?
- Each course has specific requirements, which will be communicated via email, typically two weeks prior to the course start date. Generally, you should bring water, sunscreen, soccer playing gear (including shin guards), soccer ball, notepad, and writing instruments.
Am I required to participate as a player?
- We recognize that some candidates may be unable to participate as players due to injury or disability. We will provide other means of demonstrating satisfactory participation for those individuals. Be sure to notify the Coaching Education Department in advance, and the course instructor at check-in.
When will I receive my license?
Typically, your license will be issued within 6 weeks of the conclusion of the course. The license information will be recorded in the Got Soccer registration you used to enroll in the course, and you will receive an email from email@example.com with information on accessing/downloading/printing your license at that time.
I can't find my license. Where can I get a replacement?
We do not mail hard copies of licenses after courses anymore. The PDF version of your license can be found on your GotSoccer account. You can print these out at any time. If you would like us to print and mail you your license you can fill out the license request form found above and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is a fee of $5 for this service. If your license is not on your GotSoccer account please email email@example.com to have it updated.
I have a license issued by a different state or national coaching organization. How do I get it recorded?
Scan or take a photo of the certification, then email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will enter it into your Got Soccer coaching account, and send confirmation of receipt. You will also need to submit the license in your DCC profile to be approved.
What is the DCC?
The DCC is US Soccer's Digital Coaching Center. We are transitioning to the DCC for our coaching courses. Every candidate must creae a profile within the DCC in order to register. All coursework will be recorded within the DCC course as well as communication with the course instructors. We will use the DCC for registration, partial payment, hosting the content and communication with the instructors. Partial payment will still be needed via GotSoccer. Both GotSoccer and the DCC will be updated with your license information once you complete a course.