FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
The Florida Youth Soccer Association Announces New Championship Series
Company aims to streamline all state competitions with the
FYSA Championship Series starting next season
Same Game. New Competition.
Auburndale, FL. – April 4, 2016 – The Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA), one of the largest state soccer associations in the United States, announced today the launch of the new FYSA Championship Series. This new initiative is part of an ongoing effort by the association to unify and restructure all state level competitions under a single banner. The championship series will be available to all FYSA affiliates and is scheduled to officially start in the 2016-2017 soccer season.
“From the moment we started talking about the FYSA Championship Series, we knew that this was going to be a fresh take on all of our state competitions,” said Marino Torrens, FYSA Board President. “The current restructure of these games will greatly benefit how we operate and maintain state-run events. We hope that our members will be excited about the upcoming series next year.”
The FYSA Championship Series is now comprised of three tournaments; the Florida State Cup, Florida Presidents Cup and the recently designed Florida Commissioner’s Cup. As part of the restructure, the former competition known as Region Cup has been divided into the Florida Presidents Cup and the Florida Commissioner’s Cup. The Florida Commissioner’s Cup has been specifically designed to help accommodate teams that previously played in Region Cup: Division II. No changes have been made to the Florida State Cup at this time.
The FYSA Championship Series will be a featured workshop at this year’s Annual General Meeting in August.
- Age Groups: U13-U19
- Played statewide
- D License Coaching Requirement.
- State office coordinates all schedules for the competition.
- One game per day.
- Finals played at the Lake Myrtle Sports Park in Auburndale
- Seeding points can be achieved for a bye into Round 2 of State Cup.
- Winners progress to Southern Regionals.
- Winners of Regionals advance to National Championship Series.
- Region Cup Division 1 is now Presidents Cup.
- Age Groups: U12-U17, U18/19
- E License Coaching Requirement.
- State office coordinates all schedules for Presidents Cup.
- One game per day.
- First two rounds are played within Region (A, B, C, or D)
- Round of 16, played at three state wide locations.
- Finals played at the Lake Myrtle Sports Park in Auburndale.
- Winners move onto Region III Presidents Cup.
- Winners of Regionals advance onto National President Cup.
- Region Cup Division 2 is now Commissioner’s Cup.
- Age Groups: U11-U17
- U11 Division 1 allowed.
- F License Coaching Requirement.
- FYSA Region Vice Presidents will schedule and coordinate sites.
- Every round will be played within Region (A, B, C, D)
- Finals will be played at Lake Myrtle Sports Park in Auburndale.
- State Championship only, no advancement beyond state level.
About Florida Youth Soccer Association
The Florida Youth Soccer Association (FYSA) was founded in 1974, pioneering youth soccer in the southeast. FYSA is a non-profit organization with the mission to foster the physical, mental and emotional growth and development of Florida’s youth through the sport of soccer. FYSA is one of the top 10 largest memberships in youth soccer in the United States under US Youth Soccer. FYSA’s membership consists of over 250 clubs and leagues, 25,000 coaches and officials, and 105,000 players throughout the state of Florida. FYSA is focused on providing its members the skills and abilities to grow the great game of soccer in today’s youth while instilling a lifelong passion for the sport in all who are involved.
Name: Jared White
Phone: (863) 268-8220 Ext. 304