ODP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
What age groups will be included in this year's program?
How are players IDENTIFIED for POOL TRAINING and TRAINING CENTERS?
- Open trials - Open trials are used for newer players who have been seen minimally. Players can only attend one site in any trial region.
- Scouted - Players can be evaluated in FYSA events such as State Cup, Region Cup and the FYSA Premier League as well as showcases and US Youth Soccer events. They will be invited to the next pool training if chosen.
- Club recommendation - Players may be recommended by their clubs for evaluation and identification to the state pool. Recommendations should be made in the fall to allow for follow up evaluations.
- Previous year's state team - A player from the previous year's state team will automatically be put in the pool for the upcoming year (this does not guarantee a spot on the team).
How do the trials work?
- We will hold trials/tryouts all over the state during the fall. Each tryout is a weekend (two sessions on Saturday and one session on Sunday) and at the conclusion of each trial/tryout we will announce those players selected.
- A player may only attend one trial/tryout
The 2006,2007 and 2008 players not selected at the trials will be invited to a camp in Lakeland/Southeastern University Florida-May (Girls) or June (Boys) (more information to follow)
The players selected at these trials will be invited to two pool trainings from which State ODP teams will be selected. (more information to follow)
How do I register for the POOL TRAINING?
- The first step is to create an account for your athlete in GotSoccer. Once you have done that you can find the link for registration on our REGISTRATION page.
How will the State Teams be formed?
State Teams will be formed from the FYSA ODP player pool after the pool training events. Evaluations of the players will be made in the pool training and during the seasonal year through our scouting process. The number of teams and players will be determined based on the depth of the pool in each age group. These players will be brought into two FYSA ODP team training events in preparation for the Region III ODP Camp and other sub-regional events.
What should we bring to the trials and training events?
- Medical release (send prior to trials/training events)
- Medical history (send prior to trials/training events)
- Copy of the athletes insurance card (send prior to trials/training events)
- Appropriate attire [ball, water, soccer gear, pool training shirt(s) if applicable, sunscreen]
What is the cost?
- Open trials - $75.00
- Pool training - $175.00
- Camp/team training - TBD
How will we be notified if our athlete is chosen from the open trials?
- On Sunday the players who have been chosen will be announced at the event.
How will we know if our athlete has made a state team?
- A list will be posted on our website with all the names of the players who have made the team.
FYSA ODP curriculum?
- FYSA has adopted the curriculum model of US Youth Soccer. The model encourages a possession style of play. Our goal is to provide training sessions that will encourage the development of the individual player and mirror the player developmental goals of US Youth and US Soccer.