Florida Youth Soccer Association Foundation Grant Program
Policies & Application
2828 Lake Myrtle Park Rd
Auburndale, FL 33823
I. Grant Categories for 2020
The FYSA Board of Directors voted on September 15, 2020 to only accept scholarship applications this year to assist those players during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Scholarships: The Scholarships category allows affiliates to apply for some portion of registration fees on behalf of disadvantaged players. Funds will be sent directly to the affiliate. There will be no direct payments to a player or a player’s family.
II. Grant Applicant Requirements
- The affiliate must be a tax-exempt organization.
- Only full affiliates can apply. Associate affiliates and individual teams cannot apply.
- The affiliate must not have been placed in any status less than “good standing” with FYSA in the past three seasonal years.
- The affiliate must be an active entity registered with the State of Florida.
- The affiliate must not be involved in any active litigation or criminal investigation.
- The affiliate must disclose any debts greater than $2,500 which have existed or will exist for greater than thirty (30) days.
- For Scholarships, all players must be registered with FYSA.
III. Application Process and Timeline
FYSA is not obligated to award any sum of money. Submitting an application does not imply or guarantee an award.
Applications with all supporting documentation are due by 5:00 P.M. Eastern time on November 30, 2020. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered. Awardees will be notified by February 1, 2021.
Applications and required documentation must be uploaded via application on the next page by electronic submission only. Applications and required documentation may not be submitted by mail or hand delivery. All questions must be submitted by email to Michelle Cook at firstname.lastname@example.org. No questions will be answered via mail, phone, or in-person.
FYSA Foundation Grant Application - Scholarship
- A list of the full names of all players as well as the amount requested for each
- A copy of the free or reduced lunch letter from each player’s school district for the current school year which lists the player’s full name and is signed by a school district official (an application is not sufficient; it must be the approval letter indicating receipt of free or reduced lunch). If your player is not in school due to COVID-19 right now, please contact FYSA and we will assist with obtaining the necessary documentation.
- Form 990 for the past two tax years
- Annual Report filed with the State of Florida
(The only acceptable file formats to upload are Word/PDF.)
Two Officers listed on the Annual Report filed with the State of Florida must include their name below.
By checking this box, you certify, on behalf of the affiliate, that all of the requirements listed in the FYSA Foundation Grant Program policies and this application are met and that all information submitted herewith is current, complete, and accurate. You, on behalf of the affiliate, agree that any improper use of any funds provided in response to this application shall be considered theft from FYSA and may result in criminal prosecution as well as a revocation of affiliation with FYSA.