To All FYSA Members,
I am writing to inform you that Dale Burke has notified the Board of his decision to retire from his position as Executive Director of the Florida Youth Soccer Association, effective November 18, 2019.
The Board of Directors thanks Dale for his eight years of dedicated service to FYSA, its members, and players. Dale has lived the Mission, Vision, and Values of this organization. Dale has played a major role in the successes of FYSA these past several years, including:
• Development and implementation of the FYSA Bucks program to support recreational programming, leading to an investment of over $600,000 in education and equipment to bolster our member clubs
• Investment in an expanded and empowered staff that has led to improved support of member clubs
• Revamped FYSA Championship Series to give clubs and teams improved options each Spring
• Creation of the Florida State Premier League
• The successful hosting of USYS National Presidents Cup
• Creating impactful AGM's for our Members
• Most importantly, truly caring for the kids and clubs to create a lifelong passion for the game
We are grateful for Dale's passion and commitment to the soccer community. Dale has served several USYS State Associations in roles ranging from coach to board member to staff person over the past several decades. FYSA is the organization it is today because of his leadership. The FYSA Board and Staff wish Dale the best as he enjoys a well-deserved retirement.
A national search for the next FYSA Executive Director will begin immediately. I am confident that our staff of dedicated professionals will continue to provide excellent support to our membership during this time of transition.
If you have any questions or concerns during this transition period, please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Florida Youth Soccer Association