The FYSA Board of Directors established the Florida Youth Soccer Foundation to give back to the affiliates and to assist them in furthering the game of soccer in Florida. FYSA is excited to collaborate with Tampa Bay Rowdies for this year's grant to increase funding and offer additional assistance and opportunities for our membership.
FYSA Foundation Grant: The Grant category allows affiliates to apply for some portion of registration fees on behalf of disadvantaged players. FYSA will send grant funds will be sent directly to the affiliate. There will be no direct payments to a player or a player's family.
On October 28, 2023, the FYSA Board of Directors voted to continue the Foundation Grant for scholarships for the 2023-2024 seasonal year. The scholarship criteria and application's important dates are listed below.
FYSA Foundation Grant Requirements:
1. The affiliate must provide documentation of their financial aid assistance program or player's family income verification (Tax Filings or Paystubs).
2. The affiliate must be a tax-exempt organization.
3. Only full affiliates can apply. Associate affiliates and individual teams cannot apply.
4. The affiliate must not have been placed in any status less than "good standing" with FYSA in the past three seasonal years.
5. The affiliate must be an active entity registered with the State of Florida.
6. The affiliate must not be involved in any active litigation or criminal investigation.
7. The affiliate must disclose any debts over $2,500 that have existed or will exist for over thirty (30) days.
8. For Scholarships, all players must be registered with FYSA for the current seasonal year.
Applications and all supporting documents must be submitted by Friday, February 2, 2024, at 5:00 PM EST. Applications must be submitted before this deadline to be accepted. Awardees will be notified by February 29, 2024. Only one application will be accepted per club.