Dear FYSA Members,
I am writing to inform you that we have completed our search for the next Executive Director. As you know, our ED for the past 8 years, Dale Burke, informed the Board of his decision to retire effective November 18, 2019. In light of his announcement, the Board charged the Personnel Committee with the task of recruiting candidates, screening resumes, interviewing candidates, and recommending qualified candidate(s) to the Board. As expected, we received significant interest from candidates within and outside of the soccer community.
I am pleased to announce that Mr. Joel Dragan, current Executive Director of the Kansas State Youth Soccer Association (KSYSA), has accepted the position of FYSA Executive Director. Joel stood out among interested candidates in a number of ways:
- Youth Soccer Experience
- MICHIGAN STATE PREMIER SOCCER PROGRAM, Program Director: 2008-2010
- MICHIGAN STATE YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION (MSYSA), Director of Membership Services: 2010-2017
- KANSAS STATE YOUTH SOCCER ASSOCIATION (KSYSA), Executive Director: 2017-present
- National Perspective and Reputation
- US Youth Soccer representative on the USSF Risk Management/SafeSport Task Force
- US Youth Soccer Midwest Soccer Across America Committee Chair (2016-current)
- Joel was highly recommended by both USYS and USSF leaders
- Management Experience
- Organized and facilitated implementation of a Strategic Plan with the KSYSA Board of Directors and key stakeholders
- Planned and hosted the 2019 Midwest Regional Presidents Cup and 2019 US Youth
Soccer National Championships
- Creation and implementation of new Background Check, SafeSport, Prohibited Conduct and State Cup polices with the Board of Directors
The FYSA BOD and Staff are excited to have Joel join the FYSA team. Joel's first day in the office will be Monday, January 6, 2020.
Please join me in congratulating Joel and welcoming him to the FYSA family!
If you have any questions, please email John Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org.