2020 Annual General Meeting Information
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Florida Youth Soccer Association's 46th Annual General Meeting & Vendor Showcase will take place only on Sunday, August 9, 2020 at the JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes, 4040 Central Florida Parkway, Orlando, FL, 32837. This will consist of just the General Session. We will be updating this page in just a few short weeks! Please refer to the information below on current items pertaining to the AGM.
About the Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall convene an AGM for the purpose of an annual report on the status of the activities of the Association, election of Officers and such other agenda items determined necessary to the conduct of its business and according to the following:
- The President, with the concurrence of the BOD, shall call for an AGM to be held no later than August 31st .
- Notification of the time and place of the meeting shall be provided to all affiliated clubs and leagues at least ninety (90) days prior to the scheduled date of the AGM.
- Actions and policies adopted by the BOD and all proposed changes in the Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and Rules and Regulations shall be reported to its membership, or their authorized representatives, at least once each year at the AGM, with notice and agenda of the meeting at least thirty-(30) days in advance of the AGM. Bylaws and Rules and shall be provided to the membership for review at least thirty (30) days prior to their consideration at the AGM.
- Provision shall be made to assure that those Affiliates choosing to cast their votes by absentee ballot have access and instructions to a system to so cast their votes.
- The Credentials Committee shall be the final authority on the votes that an Affiliate is eligible to cast.
- Procedures for casting absentee votes by a designated representative or through the FYSA Secretary shall be outlined in the Bylaws.
- The order of business for the AGM shall provide for such reports and general business as determined necessary to the conduct of business.
- FYSA shall provide to the Secretary General of the Federation an annual report on the activities of the Association and the most current annual financial statements within 90 days after the start of the Federation’s seasonal year.
- FYSA will (A) provide copies of its constitution, bylaws, rules, and other governing documents, (B) submit changes to the above for approval not later than 90 days after adoption, to the Federation, and (C) annually make copies of those documents available to its members.
Please refer to the JW Marriott Orlando website for any questions about the hotel. For those members of our association that want to reserve a hotel room before the General Session on Sunday, August 9, 2020, please use the link here for a discounted room rate of $149.00 per night.
Upcoming 2020 AGM Webinars
The complete AGM Webinar schedule can be found here. Login information will be updated after the July 4, 2020 holiday.
2020 Proxy Form
For Agent of Records Only: If you are not attending the 2020 AGM General Session this year and would like to designate a proxy member for your club/league, please complete the proxy form here: https://www.gotsport.com/forms/open/?FormID=2993.
2020 BOD Nominees & Nomination Form
An election will be held during the 2020 Annual General Meeting (General Session) on August 9, 2020, for the following officer positions on the FYSA Board of Directors:
- Vice-President for Administration
- Vice-President, Region B
- Vice-President, Region D
All elections are for a two-year term. In addition, Regions will elect Commissioners for the following positions:
- Region A, North
- Region B, North
- Region C, North
- Region D, East
If you would like to be a candidate for any of these positions or want to nominate someone, please complete the form for the name of the person you are nominating (even if you are nominating yourself), the position the person is being nominated for, and a short biography on the nominee. Your information will be included in member mailings and the FYSA website will include a list of the nominees as they are received. We will also host a candidate forum via webinar before the AGM.
Nomination Committee Chair
Region B Vice President:
Region C Commissioner - North:
2020 Award Nomination Form
We've gone digital! All nominations forms for the 2020 Awards Luncheon can be found on the corresponding links below. Award winners will be contacted by FYSA prior to the Awards Luncheon on August 8th, 2020. Please note, only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Proposed Budget for the 2020/2021 Season
Here is the proposed budget for FYSA for the 2020/2021 Season. (Link)
Proposed Rule & Bylaw Changes
Transcripts From Previous AGMs